Are you under 18 and looking to move to Turkey? This article will provide an in-depth look into the process of obtaining a Turkish residence permit. We’ll cover all of the documents you need, what to expect during the application process and more so that you can get your permit quickly and successfully. Read on for more information!
Introduction to Turkish Residence Permits
1. Introduction to Turkish Residence Permits
As an under s, you may be eligible for a residence permit in Turkey. This permit allows you to live and work in Turkey for up to two years. To apply for a residence permit, you must first have a job offer from a Turkish employer. Once you have a job offer, you can apply for a work visa at the nearest Turkish consulate. After receiving your work visa, you can then apply for a residence permit at the local police station in Turkey.
Who Is Eligible for a Turkish Residence Permit?
1. Who Is Eligible for a Turkish Residence Permit?
To be eligible for a Turkish residence permit, you must be a citizen of one of the following countries:
– The United States of America
– The United Kingdom
– New Zealand
If you are not a citizen of any of the above countries, you may still be eligible for a residence permit if you have a valid passport and meet one of the following criteria:
– You are married to a Turkish citizen.
– You are the child or parent of a Turkish citizen.
– You have been granted asylum in Turkey.
– You have been granted refugee status in Turkey by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
How to Obtain a Residence Permit in Turkey
If you are a Turkish citizen, you can get a residence permit by applying to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If you are not a Turkish citizen, you can get a residence permit by applying to the Directorate General of Migration Management.
To apply for a residence permit, you will need to submit the following documents:
1. A completed application form
2. Your passport or travel document
3. Two photographs taken within the last six months
4. A fee of TL 80 (or equivalent in foreign currency)
5. A document confirming your employment or studies in Turkey (if applicable)
6. Documents confirming your financial means (if applicable)
A Guide To Getting Turkish Residence Permits For Under 18s
What Documents Do I Need For a Residence Permit?
There are a few documents you will need in order to apply for a residence permit in Turkey. The first is your passport, which must be valid for at least six months from the date of your application. You will also need two passport-sized photos, a completed application form, and a fee payment receipt. In some cases, you may also be required to submit additional documents such as proof of employment, proof of financial solvency, or a bank statement.
Application Process and Timeline
The application process for a Turkish residence permit is relatively straightforward, but can take some time to complete. Here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
1. Collect the required documents. You’ll need your passport, two passport-sized photos, and a completed application form.
2. Submit your application in person at a local police station or Turkish consulate.
3. Pay the application fee (currently $60 for U.S. citizens).
4. Wait for your residence permit to be processed. This can take up to three months.
5. Once your permit is approved, you’ll need to register at your local municipality office and obtain a residency card.
The Cost of Applying for a Residence Permit
If you are planning to stay in Turkey for longer than 90 days, you will need to apply for a residence permit. The cost of applying for a residence permit varies depending on your country of citizenship, but generally speaking, it is quite affordable. For example, citizens of the United States can expect to pay around $60 for their application fee. The cost of a residence permit is also relatively low when compared to other countries in the world. For instance, residents of the United Kingdom can expect to pay £1,000 when applying for their visa. In comparison, the cost of a Turkish residence permit is only a fraction of that amount.
Tips and Advice for Applying for a Turkish Residence Permit
There are a few things to keep in mind when applying for a Turkish Residence Permit. First and foremost, make sure that you have all of the necessary documents. The list of required documents can be found on the official website of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In addition to the standard documents, you will also need to submit a copy of your passport and a recent passport-sized photo.
Once you have gathered all of the required documents, you will need to fill out an application form. This form can be downloaded from the same website as the list of required documents. Be sure to fill out the form completely and accurately, as any mistakes could result in your application being rejected.
After you have submitted your application form and all of the required documentation, you will need to wait for a decision from the Turkish authorities. If your application is successful, you will be issued a residence permit which will allow you to live and work in Turkey for up to one year.
Getting a Turkish residence permit for under 18s can be a complex process, but with the right guidance and assistance, it is possible to make sure you have all the necessary documents and that your application goes as smoothly as possible. We hope this guide has provided you with some useful insight into what is required when applying for a Turkish residence permit for under 18s. With the right preparation and research, there should be no reason why your application shouldn’t go without issue!